Introducing “Box breathing”
Conscious breathing, it’s a powerful yet simple way to relax. It aims to return your breathing to it’s natural rhythm. There are many effective ways to do this but one way to do is called “ Box breathing”. Its aim is to relax the body, clear the mind, and increase your focus.
It’s a simple way to “reset” your breathing
It’s easy to use, quick to learn, and extremely effective for people in high stressful situations.
People use it in high-stress jobs such as police officers and soldiers but it’s also great for someone under emotional stress. I use it for concentration and calming myself down from an anxious event.
How do you do box breathing?
- Breathe in for four seconds. Make sure you get rid of all the air out of your lungs before you start. Really breath in and fill up the lungs
- Hold your breath for four seconds. Hold the breathe at the top and don’t let air escape
- Exhale for four seconds. Let the air out in a slow and controlled motion.
- Hold your lungs empty for four seconds. Hold the bottom of your breathe. Repeat
Tips to help out
There are a couple tricks and tips that you can implement to make the box breathing more effective.
- Try to move into a quiet area to start the box breathing, it’s easier with less distractions
- Your belly should be moving when you are breathing, place your hand on your tummy and feel it move out as you take a breathe in
- Focus on filling the whole belly and make all the air touch every side on the belly (the front, side, and the back)
- Do this when you’re happy/ in a good mood as well. “What fires together, wires together”.
This 16 second technique is used to reduce stress, helps with anxiety, and can keep you focused.
Exercise is beneficial for mental health but how much? The largest study may just offer us an answer on how much exercise we need
Print Chickpea Peanut Butter Cookies Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Category: Dessert Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 Look no further for a delicous treat that you can feel […]
Losing Weight Is Hard. Really Hard. We’ve compiled a list of non diet changes that can help out
Learn How to Reduce Stress With Our Complete Wellness Guide