If you’ve been involved in a car accident and need to work with a kinesiologist or athletic therapist, you will have many questions.
A few questions you may have
- Where do I go for active rehab?
- Where do I find someone to help me?
- Do I have to pay – I can’t afford a bunch of sessions right now
- I can’t afford to be off of work right now
A few answers we have
- Come to Sync Therapy. We can help you reduce your pain with active rehab and we have a large referral network for other therapists that will be able to help you recover fast.
- Well, we can help! If you’re still not sure, give us a call and we can chat for free. We can also a free 30 minute in-person conversation to make sure we’re the right fit for you. If for some odd-reason that we’re not a right fit for each, we’ll direct you to the right person – honest.
- No! ICBC covers 100% of the costs for active rehab sessions. The only time you’d have to pay is if you want a longer session than 60 minutes. Other than that, there’s not up front or hidden charges
- We get it! It is pretty important to get in for a active rehab early and have a team around you to help you feel better. Typically this is 1-2 weeks after the injury and after you’ve worked with a Massage therapist covered by ICBC
It can be very overwhelming – especially if you have never dealt with an accident before or filed a claim with ICBC. It can be tough and confusing, even for us!
ICBC made changes on April 1, 2019 and are scheduled to make a larger change coming May 2021. The changes are going to be client-centric, this means you get the care you deserve.
There’s more of an emphasis on your recovery, so you have easier access to massage therapy, active rehab (athletic therapy or kinesiologist), physiotherapy, and chiropractic!
We can help you guide you during this often confusing process
Your therapist understands this process, can answer your questions, and help you recover along the way with massage.
Daryl, your active rehab specialist, isn’t just a athletic therapist but he’s also an Massage Therapist. So, if you’re still in pain and need a plan to reduce it, he already knows your situation and can help you there too – covered by ICBC as well.
If you’ve been in a car accident and have an ICBC active claim number, you are pre-approved for 12 Active rehab sessions.
After a motor vehicle accident (MVA) many people experience whiplash, headaches, neck, back, extremity and even chronic pain. You may also experience changes to their mental health.
If you were involved in an MVA and have reported the incident to ICBC, you have access to active rehab which can help improve your strength with a therapeutic exercise plan to help you feel better.
We do suggest that you use the ICBC approved services right away after an accident, it will improve your recovery time, so it’s important to use ICBC approved massage therapy
If after the 12 sessions you need continued care, we work with you and ICBC to ensure you get the care and attention you deserve until you’re at maximal recovery.
We’re conveniently located in Downtown Victoria at 10-920 Johnson. It’s at the intersection of Quadra and Johnson in the same building as Alert First aid
Find out more about your ICBC Massage Therapist, Daryl